I wanted some bibimbap...a really delicious Korean dish that's chock-full of fresh veggies. I didn't have too many of the legit ingredients so I had to sub in with sliced celery and broccoli. Which is no problem, since I like broccoli more than the other ingredients that sometimes get put in bibimbap. Still didn't taste as amazing as the legitimate version though. It's strange how sometimes a dish composed of ingredients that you half-like tastes better than the same dish with your favorite ingredients subbed in. Either way, this wasn't bad on a stock.

Plus, my boyfriend actually tried to eat some of his vegetables! Perhaps it was because he saw how much effort (really...not much) I put into arranging the ingredients. He did give up halfway through and exchanged his broccoli for my carrots though. Sigh. Small steps. This isn't a bad dish to give to somebody who you're trying to encourage to eat more veggies. They're chopped up nice and small, come in non-threatening little piles, and look bright and fresh.



Also, I remembered how important it is to upload your photos in sRGB! Always remember to convert the color profile before you upload (that's in either the edit or image drop down window...you'll see something near the bottom that says "Convert to profile"). Select Working sRGB. If you leave it in Adobe RGB, you'll get a really dull image...and sometimes that dullness can look very different from website to website! I had uploaded these images earlier without converting and the veggies looked kind of blue and lifeless.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.